Last updated: October 17, 2018
The following terms and conditions are for the Uniplaces social media fans and followers who register for the Uniplaces Trick or Treat giveaway campaign.
Uniplaces Trick or Treat is a Halloween competition created and organised by Uniplaces. The following Terms and Conditions apply during the entire length of the competition, from October 15, 2018 to November 9, 2018.
Terms & Conditions
- Uniplaces Trick or Treat participants will be deemed to have understood these terms and conditions, and upon signing up for the competition on the Trick or Treat Form Application, will be bound by them.
- These terms and conditions are available upon request at any time along the duration of Uniplaces Trick or Treat.
Details of Uniplaces Trick or Treat
- Uniplaces Trick or Treat challenges its social media followers to send a video with the best friendly and non-violent prank to their flatmate, roommate, friends or strangers.
- Uniplaces condones any unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent prank, or a prank made for an illegal or unauthorised purpose.
- As a prize, Uniplaces Trick or Treat will award the follower with the most “likes” on the YouTube Video Playlist Trick or Treat Contest with a one-year subscription to Spotify Premium or a 75€ Voucher from Ryanair.
- For a chance to win, participants will need to follow the Uniplaces YouTube Channel, submit the video for the contest on the Trick or Treat Form, and share the video in different social media platforms in order to gain “likes”.
- All participants are required to access the Trick or Treat Form, enter their name, email address and YouTube account URL.
- The selected winner will be given 10 days to answer and claim their prize. Failure to do so will lead Uniplaces to award the prize to the second most voted participant.
- Prizes will be sent out 30 days after the selected winner claims their prize.
- The winner will be contacted by email and will be featured on Uniplaces Social Media Platforms and Communications.
- The Uniplaces Trick or Treat prize will not be available as a cash alternative and cannot be exchanged for any other prize or product.
- Participants who sign up to Uniplaces Trick or Treat will receive transactional emails about the competition.
- Participants who agree to receive Uniplaces Marketing emails will be added to a mailing list and will be sent marketing communications and special offers from Uniplaces via email. Participants can opt out of these emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email.
- Uniplaces reserves the right to use any data submitted to Uniplaces Trick or Treat for PR purposes, as well as email addresses for marketing purposes. All data will be treated anonymously and email addresses will only be used in case a participant opts to receive them.
- The total number of entries are counted from the first day to the last day of the competition until 11:59pm London/Lisbon time.
- Uniplaces reserves the right to discard entries at any time.
- Uniplaces may, at any time and at their discretion, withdraw or recover a prize for breach of any of the above conditions.
- Participants will need at least one entry (a video) to be considered.
- Participants can be from any country in the world.
- Participants must be between 18 and 30 years of age.
Disclaimer and liability
- In an effort to prevent and disrupt real-world harm, we do not allow any participant to engage in the following activities to be accepted in the competition: terrorist activity; organised hate, mass or serial murder; human trafficking; organised violence or criminal activity. Uniplaces will not consider or publish content that expresses support or praise for groups, leaders, or individuals involved in these activities.
- Uniplaces shall not, under any circumstances, be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising out of or in connection with use of the Trick or Treat Contest, and any data derived through, whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort (including negligence, product liability or otherwise), or any other pecuniary loss, whether or not Uniplaces has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Under no circumstances shall Uniplaces be liable to you for any amount.
- You agree that your entry video, shares or comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right.
- You further agree that your entry video, shares or comments will not contain unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Uniplaces Service or any related website.
- You may not use a false email address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any video, shares or comments.
Relationship and liability for tax
- The Parties (Uniplaces and the participant) are independent contractors. Consequently, the provisions of these Terms will not, under any circumstances, be interpreted as creating any association, relationship of agency, employment or partnership between the Parties. Neither Party may bind any other in any manner whatsoever or in favour of anyone whomsoever, except in accordance with these Terms.
Updates to the Terms
- Uniplaces can update these Terms at any time without prior notice. If Uniplaces modifies these Terms, they will be updated on this page. Continued participation on the Uniplaces Trick or Treat after any modification to these Terms will constitute consent to such modification.